- Episode 31: Bubblegate & Beyond
- Episode 165: O’s, Bohs, and Ice Floes
- Episode 164: How to Root for a Good Team
- Episode 163: Dongs for Moms
- Episode 162: Ankles Away!
- Episode 161: Glass Case of emOtion
- Episode 160: The Pen Is Mightier
- Episode 159: Orioles MythBusters
- Episode 158: Birdland Radio
- Episode 157: Hollaback Girl
- Episode 156: The Sounds of Nashville
- Episode 155: How Deep Is Your Glove?
- Episode 154: Street Walkers
- Episode 153: The Alibi
- Episode 152: Fowler Fair
- Episode 151: The Waiting Game
- Episode 150: Farm Aid
- Episode 149: Deferred Interests
- Episode 148: Orioles Magic Kingdom
- Episode 147: The Farce Awakens
- Episode 146: Living in Infamy
- Episode 145: It’s Getting Chile
- Episode 144: Reginald the Cactus
- Episode 143: Freudian Slip
- Episode 142: Peas and Carrots
- Episode 140: Express Written Consent
- Episode 139: Buy or Sell?
- Episode 138: Crushed Dreams
- Episode 137: Hot Heads
- Episode 136: Spirit Quest
- Episode 135: Never Tell Me the Odds
- Episode 134: Here’s Looking at Hugh, Kid
- Episode 133: It’s Just a Little Crush
- Episode 131: The Foundations
- 2015 BEVys
- Episode 130: The Boys Are Back in Town
- Episode 129: We’ve Made A Huge Mistake…
- Episode 128: State of the Orioles
- Episode 127: Talentless Hacks
- Episode 126: Red, Red Whine
- Episode 125: It’s Getting Drafty
- Episode 124: The Language of Glove
- Episode 123: Lost in the Shuffle
- Episode 122: Wright Puns
- Episode 121: Thanks, Steve!
- Episode 120: All Together Now
- Episode 119: The Good, the Sad, and the Ugly
- Episode 118: Baltimore Strong
- Episode 117: Here We Go Again
- Episode 116: You’re Only Live Twice
- Episode 115: What’s in a Number?
- Episode 114: Missed Connections
- Episode 113: On the Periphery
- Episode 112: Losing Control
- Episode 111: For the Love of Bud
- Episode 110: Beard Glitter
- Episode 109: Spring, Sprang, Sprung
- Episode 108: Sweating to the Oldies with Mr. Simmons
- Episode 107: Punxsutawney FanFest
- Episode 106: Let’s Play Two
- Episode 105: The Whole Dan Shooting Match
- Episode 104: Crickets and Tickets
- Episode 103: Orioles Magi
- Episode 102: Summer Moose
- Extra Innings: The Nick Markakis Watch
- Episode 101: Waiting on the Hot Stove
- Episode 100: Live from Dempsey’s
- Episode 99.999999999: Stump the Chumps
- Episode 99.5: Summer Song
- Episode 99: Not Quite a Masterpiece
- Episode 98: Chim Chim Cher-ee
- Episode 97: The Cat Game
- Episode 96: Happy Days Are Here Again
- Episode 95: Oh Captain, My Captain
- Episode 94: Get Back (to the Yard?)
- Episode 93: A Walk to Remember
- Episode 92: How to Train Your Luck Dragon
- Episode 91: Bully!
- Episode 90: The Art of Argument
- Episode 89: Neck Fat
- Episode 88: Gigawatts
- Episode 87: I Was Told There Would Be No Math
- 2014 BEVys
- Episode 86: Getting Better All the Time
- Episode 85: Camden South
- Episode 84: Curses, Orioled Again!
- Episode 83: Bork, Bork, Bork!
- Episode 82: Treading Water
- Episode 81: Hissyfit
- Episode 80: Wicked Game
- Episode 79: Stuck in the Middle
- Episode 78: Beanball
- Episode 77: Orange and Black Widows
- Episode 76: Not in Nottingham
- Episode 75: Oblique Road Show
- Episode 74: Pass the Mylanta
- Episode 73: Say, Say, Say
- Episode 72: Day Games
- Episode 71: Opening Day 2014
- Episode 70: Behind Enemy Lines
- Episode 69: Baseball and Tacos and Bears (O My!)
- Episode 68: Propagation of Errors
- Episode 67: Not a Second Time
- Episode 66: Winter of Our Discontent
- Episode 65: String Training
- Episode 64: MLB Precludes Us From Title
- Episode 63: Apologies to Huey Lewis
- Episode 62: Resolved
- Episode 61: A Very Dysfunctional Christmas
- Episode 60: Tales from the Scrap Heap
- Episode 59: Lotions, Potions, and Magic Pills
- Episode 58: The Hills Are Alive
- Episode 57: Offseason Rambles
- Episode 56: Ace of Spades
- Episode 55: Successful Failure
- Episode 54: Triskaidekaphobia
- Episode 53: Through the Looking Glass
- Episode 52: RISPy Business
- Episode 51: Turn the Beat Around
- Episode 50: Great Expectations
- Episode 49: Billy Shears, WAR, and the Clutch
- Episode 48: Eight Days a Week
- Episode 47: Home/Away Splits
- Episode 46: Happy Pills
- Episode 45: The Cheat
- 2013 BEVy Awards
- Episode 44: Jonesing for Consistency
- Episode 43: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times
- Episode 42: Changes in Attitudes, Changes in Latitudes
- Episode 41: BEV Wednesday Edition
- Episode 40: Ring My Bell
- Episode 39: A Little Positivity
- Episode 38: These Magic Moments
- Episode 37: Bring on the Ga(u)sman
- Episode 36: Week of Darkness
- Episode 35: The Situation Looks Kind of Oblique
- Special Edition Podcast: Baltimorons on BEV
- Episode 34: Back from the Wild, Wild West
- Episode 33: The Audacity of Strop
- Episode 32: On Pitching
- Episode 30: Riding the Ups and Downs
- Episode 29: Here We Go!
- Episode 28: Something Unexpected…
- Episode 27: Spring Training Continues…
- Episode 26: Who are these guys?
- Episode 25: Spring Training Starts
- Episode 24: 2013 Offseason – Episode 2
- Episode 23: Hot Stove Episode – Is this thing on?
- Episode 22: 2012 Epilogue – Buckle Up
- Episode 21: ALDS Game 1 and 2
- Episode 20: ALDS against the MFY
- Episode 19: Playoff Baseball…
- Episode 18: Let’s hear it for the boys…
- Episode 17: Pyrrhic Victory
- Episode 16: Let’s do the Time Warp Again…
- Episode 15: Something magic is happening…
- Episode 14: We Have a Playoff Race
- Episode 13: All you need is Series Wins
- Episode 12: Trade Deadline
- Episode 11: Roller Coaster of Emotion
- Episode 10: All Star Break
- Episode 9: We’re Back…
- Episode 8: Step Back from the Ledge
- Episode 7: End of the Gauntlet and Beginning of the Misery
- Episode 6: Reviewing the Rangers and Rays Series
- Episode 5: Yankees and Red Sox
- Episode 4: April in Review (Yeah, I know its late)
- Episode 3: Yeah we’re old and set in our ways
- Episode 2: The Kevin Gregg Drinking Game Podcast
- Episode 1: Bird’s Eye View – Opening Week
We start by taking a moment to recognize the events that took place today – the terrible events that took place at the Boston Marathon. Say what you will about Boston, for its sports (and Lord knows we have), but this transcends rivalries. Jake and Scott make a plea for thoughts, prayers, and support (1:10).
Moving on to actual O’s content, the guys review The Brian Roberts Watch (4:45). and the Medical Wing (5:25).
Baltimore sports fans are capable of tremendous stupidity (6:00). This week, people actually debated whether Adam Jones dropped that ball because he was chewing bubble gum. Really? Are we doing this? Really (6:45)?
The other stupid argument from this week was which backup second baseman is worse (11:30)? Alexi Casilla and Ryan Flaherty are doing their best to make an argument for who is the best/worse option to replace the injured Brian Roberts.
Bullpen Gets Its Swagger Back
The bullpen has gotten back to its 2012 form (21:00). After the first week of games, we all wondered if the bullpen could get back to the level that made them so scary last year. The Birds’ bullpen has responded by making opposing hitters’ life miserable. The guys go through the ‘pen, from Johnson (24:30) to the forgotten man – Patton (34:45).
Here are the items that didn’t fit into any other categories:
Connor Jackson retires (38:00)
Wait, WHAT? Jackson was the last ML cut, and he was bound to make the roster at some point this season. Connor Jackson’s retirement comes as a great surprise. He said that he simply lost the love of the game… Buck Showalter indicated that there might be more to the story, but we’ll have to wait until Jackson is willing to comment himself.E
Earl Weaver celebration (39:45)
The celebration for Earl Weaver has been moved from 2:00pm top 6:00pm. This accommodates ticket holders from the 7:00 ballgame who want to take part in the celebration. Unfortunately, it also shuts some fans out from a celebration of a great Baltimore sports figure.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The guys go through the players they want to praise and call out from the week’s games. Who makes the list, and who gets a free pass (45:30)?
Feel Free to Share Your Feedback!
- Comment on the show notes, below.
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Click on our Social Media links above and to the right.
Twitter follow button
Check us out on iTunes!
You can also listen to Bird’s Eye View on iTunes. Be sure to rate the show, and leave a comment to let us know what you think.