- Episode 37: Bring on the Ga(u)sman
- Episode 165: O’s, Bohs, and Ice Floes
- Episode 164: How to Root for a Good Team
- Episode 163: Dongs for Moms
- Episode 162: Ankles Away!
- Episode 161: Glass Case of emOtion
- Episode 160: The Pen Is Mightier
- Episode 159: Orioles MythBusters
- Episode 158: Birdland Radio
- Episode 157: Hollaback Girl
- Episode 156: The Sounds of Nashville
- Episode 155: How Deep Is Your Glove?
- Episode 154: Street Walkers
- Episode 153: The Alibi
- Episode 152: Fowler Fair
- Episode 151: The Waiting Game
- Episode 150: Farm Aid
- Episode 149: Deferred Interests
- Episode 148: Orioles Magic Kingdom
- Episode 147: The Farce Awakens
- Episode 146: Living in Infamy
- Episode 145: It’s Getting Chile
- Episode 144: Reginald the Cactus
- Episode 143: Freudian Slip
- Episode 142: Peas and Carrots
- Episode 140: Express Written Consent
- Episode 139: Buy or Sell?
- Episode 138: Crushed Dreams
- Episode 137: Hot Heads
- Episode 136: Spirit Quest
- Episode 135: Never Tell Me the Odds
- Episode 134: Here’s Looking at Hugh, Kid
- Episode 133: It’s Just a Little Crush
- Episode 131: The Foundations
- 2015 BEVys
- Episode 130: The Boys Are Back in Town
- Episode 129: We’ve Made A Huge Mistake…
- Episode 128: State of the Orioles
- Episode 127: Talentless Hacks
- Episode 126: Red, Red Whine
- Episode 125: It’s Getting Drafty
- Episode 124: The Language of Glove
- Episode 123: Lost in the Shuffle
- Episode 122: Wright Puns
- Episode 121: Thanks, Steve!
- Episode 120: All Together Now
- Episode 119: The Good, the Sad, and the Ugly
- Episode 118: Baltimore Strong
- Episode 117: Here We Go Again
- Episode 116: You’re Only Live Twice
- Episode 115: What’s in a Number?
- Episode 114: Missed Connections
- Episode 113: On the Periphery
- Episode 112: Losing Control
- Episode 111: For the Love of Bud
- Episode 110: Beard Glitter
- Episode 109: Spring, Sprang, Sprung
- Episode 108: Sweating to the Oldies with Mr. Simmons
- Episode 107: Punxsutawney FanFest
- Episode 106: Let’s Play Two
- Episode 105: The Whole Dan Shooting Match
- Episode 104: Crickets and Tickets
- Episode 103: Orioles Magi
- Episode 102: Summer Moose
- Extra Innings: The Nick Markakis Watch
- Episode 101: Waiting on the Hot Stove
- Episode 100: Live from Dempsey’s
- Episode 99.999999999: Stump the Chumps
- Episode 99.5: Summer Song
- Episode 99: Not Quite a Masterpiece
- Episode 98: Chim Chim Cher-ee
- Episode 97: The Cat Game
- Episode 96: Happy Days Are Here Again
- Episode 95: Oh Captain, My Captain
- Episode 94: Get Back (to the Yard?)
- Episode 93: A Walk to Remember
- Episode 92: How to Train Your Luck Dragon
- Episode 91: Bully!
- Episode 90: The Art of Argument
- Episode 89: Neck Fat
- Episode 88: Gigawatts
- Episode 87: I Was Told There Would Be No Math
- 2014 BEVys
- Episode 86: Getting Better All the Time
- Episode 85: Camden South
- Episode 84: Curses, Orioled Again!
- Episode 83: Bork, Bork, Bork!
- Episode 82: Treading Water
- Episode 81: Hissyfit
- Episode 80: Wicked Game
- Episode 79: Stuck in the Middle
- Episode 78: Beanball
- Episode 77: Orange and Black Widows
- Episode 76: Not in Nottingham
- Episode 75: Oblique Road Show
- Episode 74: Pass the Mylanta
- Episode 73: Say, Say, Say
- Episode 72: Day Games
- Episode 71: Opening Day 2014
- Episode 70: Behind Enemy Lines
- Episode 69: Baseball and Tacos and Bears (O My!)
- Episode 68: Propagation of Errors
- Episode 67: Not a Second Time
- Episode 66: Winter of Our Discontent
- Episode 65: String Training
- Episode 64: MLB Precludes Us From Title
- Episode 63: Apologies to Huey Lewis
- Episode 62: Resolved
- Episode 61: A Very Dysfunctional Christmas
- Episode 60: Tales from the Scrap Heap
- Episode 59: Lotions, Potions, and Magic Pills
- Episode 58: The Hills Are Alive
- Episode 57: Offseason Rambles
- Episode 56: Ace of Spades
- Episode 55: Successful Failure
- Episode 54: Triskaidekaphobia
- Episode 53: Through the Looking Glass
- Episode 52: RISPy Business
- Episode 51: Turn the Beat Around
- Episode 50: Great Expectations
- Episode 49: Billy Shears, WAR, and the Clutch
- Episode 48: Eight Days a Week
- Episode 47: Home/Away Splits
- Episode 46: Happy Pills
- Episode 45: The Cheat
- 2013 BEVy Awards
- Episode 44: Jonesing for Consistency
- Episode 43: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times
- Episode 42: Changes in Attitudes, Changes in Latitudes
- Episode 41: BEV Wednesday Edition
- Episode 40: Ring My Bell
- Episode 39: A Little Positivity
- Episode 38: These Magic Moments
- Episode 36: Week of Darkness
- Episode 35: The Situation Looks Kind of Oblique
- Special Edition Podcast: Baltimorons on BEV
- Episode 34: Back from the Wild, Wild West
- Episode 33: The Audacity of Strop
- Episode 32: On Pitching
- Episode 31: Bubblegate & Beyond
- Episode 30: Riding the Ups and Downs
- Episode 29: Here We Go!
- Episode 28: Something Unexpected…
- Episode 27: Spring Training Continues…
- Episode 26: Who are these guys?
- Episode 25: Spring Training Starts
- Episode 24: 2013 Offseason – Episode 2
- Episode 23: Hot Stove Episode – Is this thing on?
- Episode 22: 2012 Epilogue – Buckle Up
- Episode 21: ALDS Game 1 and 2
- Episode 20: ALDS against the MFY
- Episode 19: Playoff Baseball…
- Episode 18: Let’s hear it for the boys…
- Episode 17: Pyrrhic Victory
- Episode 16: Let’s do the Time Warp Again…
- Episode 15: Something magic is happening…
- Episode 14: We Have a Playoff Race
- Episode 13: All you need is Series Wins
- Episode 12: Trade Deadline
- Episode 11: Roller Coaster of Emotion
- Episode 10: All Star Break
- Episode 9: We’re Back…
- Episode 8: Step Back from the Ledge
- Episode 7: End of the Gauntlet and Beginning of the Misery
- Episode 6: Reviewing the Rangers and Rays Series
- Episode 5: Yankees and Red Sox
- Episode 4: April in Review (Yeah, I know its late)
- Episode 3: Yeah we’re old and set in our ways
- Episode 2: The Kevin Gregg Drinking Game Podcast
- Episode 1: Bird’s Eye View – Opening Week
Episode 37 of the podcast is a very special one, as it coincides with the debut of Kevin Gausman, who wore #37. Spoiler Alert: we talk about him a little later on in the show. Also, on the top of the show, we thank you for joining us in the adventure that is Twitter, and encourage you to tweet #SorryWilson to take one of Scott’s balls.
That may have come out wrong.
Quick shout-out to the guys over at Section 336, and their Night at the Yard event(1:30). The podcast is worth checking out, and you should definitely join them (and us!) for their event. You get a ticket, a shirt, and the opportunity to catch a game with people who are just as Orioles crazy as you are.
The BEVys: Biggest Regression to the Norm
As a reminder, we’ll be hosting The BEVys during the All Star break (3:30). Our first BEVy category is ‘Biggest Regression to the Norm.’ This award goes to the player who statheads and haters told you before the season “this guy can never do that again.” Whose star has fallen back to the pack in the most meaningful way? Send us your nominees:
This is the Dawning of the Age of Gausmania
So some kid got called up on Thursday (9:30)… What are we calling this phenomenon? The guys discuss the move, its permanence, and what the mark of success should be for Gausman in 2013. Then it’s on to Thursday’s start: what we liked, what we didn’t, and what does it all mean?
From Pretender to Protestor
Long-time listeners will remember our special “affection” for Kevin Gregg, who we deemed “The Protestor.” Scott provides pretty compelling evidence that Jim Johnson has replaced him in that area (25:55). Jake fights his heart and his head, and the guys try to put some perspective on the most logical (or likely?) path forward.
Is it time to change the picture?
Battle of the Beltways
[sz-video url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlORK-aqwhw” /]
Scott mocks Jake (a surprise?) for attending a fine DC academic institution(44:25). It’s that time again – the time where we pretend that O’s/Nats is a real rivalry worth paying attention (45:40). MASN needs to understand how much fans hate the “bring the MASN family together” nonsense during O’s/Nats broadcasts. The guys talk about the 4-game series, and Jake drags Scott into some MLB fashion (52:45).
Actually, Scott gets more into it than usual, as he proposes some interesting ideas for Orioles camo:
Tip of the cap to National Discourse – a Washington Nationals podcast run by our buddy Josh. Go check it out, if that’s… your thing.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Who had a great week? Who had a terrible week? Who made us ashamed to be Orioles fans? Find out in this week’s GB&U. The guys run through their Good, Bad, and Ugly (57:50).
Listen to BEV on iTunes!
You can find Bird’s Eye View all over the web, including iTunes. Be sure the check for the show, and leave us all sorts of favorable comments and ratings. Flattery will get you everywhere, you know.
Contact Bird’s Eye View
There’s plenty we got wrong in this episode. Be sure to tell us exactly how.