- Episode 181: Grrrr
- Episode 221: I’m Looking Through You
- Episode 220: Darkness Reloaded
- Episode 219: One Final Pause
- Episode 218: Feel Me Up
- Episode 217: Temper Fantrum
- Episode 216: Mas Pies
- Episode 215: Like Sands in the Hourglass
- Episode 214: Total Eclipse of Our Hearts
- Episode 213: Songs After Dark
- Episode 212: A (Long and) Hard Day’s Night
- Episode 211: Deadline Drama
- Episode 210: Time to Change
- 5th Annual BEVy Awards
- Episode 209: All Scar Break
- Episode 208: How to Root for a Bad Team
- Episode 207: Visual Temptations
- Episode 206: Carnac the Magnificent
- Episode 205: Taking a Quantum Leap
- Episode 204: Bye Bye, Big Boy
- Episode 203: Things Look Pretty Bleach
- Episode 202: Watch Till It Hurts
- Episode 201: Go Buck Yourselves
- Episode 200: Trump Card
- Episode 199: Do You Even Baseball?
- Episode 198: O’s Before Prose
- Episode 197: The Natural
- Episode 196: Tell Me What You See
- Episode 195: Get Back
- Episode 194: Baby’s in (Orange and) Black
- Episode 193: With a Little Help from My Friends
- Episode 192: Thank You Girl
- Episode 191: Old Man Radio
- Episode 190: Camden Couch
- Episode 189: The Man in the Arena
- Episode 188: I Left My Heart in Sausalito
- Episode 187: Alternative Facts
- Episode 186: Bad Man Jose
- Episode 185: Break the Walls Down
- Episode 184: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
- Episode 183: Where the Wild Things Are
- Episode 182: September to Remember
- Episode 180: As the Rotation Turns
- Episode 179: Premature Happy Endings
- Episode 178: Skid Marks
- Episode 177: Tearin’ Up My Heart
- Episode 176: Freak Out
- Episode 175: Hold On
- Episode 174: Achy Breaky Start
- Episode 173: Bird Flu
- Episode 172: Law and (Batting) Order
- 2016 BEVys
- Episode 171: Airing of Grievances
- Episode 170: Dongs After Dark
- Episode 169: Oriole in the Cupboard
- Episode 168: Lifetime Achievement
- Episode 167: Pabst is Past
- Episode 166: Enemy at the Gates
- Episode 165: O’s, Bohs, and Ice Floes
- Episode 164: How to Root for a Good Team
- Episode 163: Dongs for Moms
- Episode 162: Ankles Away!
- Episode 161: Glass Case of emOtion
- Episode 160: The Pen Is Mightier
- Episode 159: Orioles MythBusters
- Episode 158: Birdland Radio
- Episode 157: Hollaback Girl
- Episode 156: The Sounds of Nashville
- Episode 155: How Deep Is Your Glove?
- Episode 154: Street Walkers
- Episode 153: The Alibi
- Episode 152: Fowler Fair
- Episode 151: The Waiting Game
- Episode 150: Farm Aid
- Episode 149: Deferred Interests
- Episode 148: Orioles Magic Kingdom
- Episode 147: The Farce Awakens
- Episode 146: Living in Infamy
- Episode 145: It’s Getting Chile
- Episode 144: Reginald the Cactus
- Episode 143: Freudian Slip
- Episode 142: Peas and Carrots
- Episode 140: Express Written Consent
- Episode 139: Buy or Sell?
- Episode 138: Crushed Dreams
- Episode 137: Hot Heads
- Episode 136: Spirit Quest
- Episode 135: Never Tell Me the Odds
- Episode 134: Here’s Looking at Hugh, Kid
- Episode 133: It’s Just a Little Crush
- Episode 131: The Foundations
- 2015 BEVys
- Episode 130: The Boys Are Back in Town
- Episode 129: We’ve Made A Huge Mistake…
- Episode 128: State of the Orioles
- Episode 127: Talentless Hacks
- Episode 126: Red, Red Whine
- Episode 125: It’s Getting Drafty
- Episode 124: The Language of Glove
- Episode 123: Lost in the Shuffle
- Episode 122: Wright Puns
- Episode 121: Thanks, Steve!
- Episode 120: All Together Now
- Episode 119: The Good, the Sad, and the Ugly
- Episode 118: Baltimore Strong
- Episode 117: Here We Go Again
- Episode 116: You’re Only Live Twice
- Episode 115: What’s in a Number?
- Episode 114: Missed Connections
- Episode 113: On the Periphery
- Episode 112: Losing Control
- Episode 111: For the Love of Bud
- Episode 110: Beard Glitter
- Episode 109: Spring, Sprang, Sprung
- Episode 108: Sweating to the Oldies with Mr. Simmons
- Episode 107: Punxsutawney FanFest
- Episode 106: Let’s Play Two
- Episode 105: The Whole Dan Shooting Match
- Episode 104: Crickets and Tickets
- Episode 103: Orioles Magi
- Episode 102: Summer Moose
- Extra Innings: The Nick Markakis Watch
- Episode 101: Waiting on the Hot Stove
- Episode 100: Live from Dempsey’s
- Episode 99.999999999: Stump the Chumps
- Episode 99.5: Summer Song
- Episode 99: Not Quite a Masterpiece
- Episode 98: Chim Chim Cher-ee
- Episode 97: The Cat Game
- Episode 96: Happy Days Are Here Again
- Episode 95: Oh Captain, My Captain
- Episode 94: Get Back (to the Yard?)
- Episode 93: A Walk to Remember
- Episode 92: How to Train Your Luck Dragon
- Episode 91: Bully!
- Episode 90: The Art of Argument
- Episode 89: Neck Fat
- Episode 88: Gigawatts
- Episode 87: I Was Told There Would Be No Math
- 2014 BEVys
- Episode 86: Getting Better All the Time
- Episode 85: Camden South
- Episode 84: Curses, Orioled Again!
- Episode 83: Bork, Bork, Bork!
- Episode 82: Treading Water
- Episode 81: Hissyfit
- Episode 80: Wicked Game
- Episode 79: Stuck in the Middle
- Episode 78: Beanball
- Episode 77: Orange and Black Widows
- Episode 76: Not in Nottingham
- Episode 75: Oblique Road Show
- Episode 74: Pass the Mylanta
- Episode 73: Say, Say, Say
- Episode 72: Day Games
- Episode 71: Opening Day 2014
- Episode 70: Behind Enemy Lines
- Episode 69: Baseball and Tacos and Bears (O My!)
- Episode 68: Propagation of Errors
- Episode 67: Not a Second Time
- Episode 66: Winter of Our Discontent
- Episode 65: String Training
- Episode 64: MLB Precludes Us From Title
- Episode 63: Apologies to Huey Lewis
- Episode 62: Resolved
- Episode 61: A Very Dysfunctional Christmas
- Episode 60: Tales from the Scrap Heap
- Episode 59: Lotions, Potions, and Magic Pills
- Episode 58: The Hills Are Alive
- Episode 57: Offseason Rambles
- Episode 56: Ace of Spades
- Episode 55: Successful Failure
- Episode 54: Triskaidekaphobia
- Episode 53: Through the Looking Glass
- Episode 52: RISPy Business
- Episode 51: Turn the Beat Around
- Episode 50: Great Expectations
- Episode 49: Billy Shears, WAR, and the Clutch
- Episode 48: Eight Days a Week
- Episode 47: Home/Away Splits
- Episode 46: Happy Pills
- Episode 45: The Cheat
- 2013 BEVy Awards
- Episode 44: Jonesing for Consistency
- Episode 43: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times
- Episode 42: Changes in Attitudes, Changes in Latitudes
- Episode 41: BEV Wednesday Edition
- Episode 40: Ring My Bell
- Episode 39: A Little Positivity
- Episode 38: These Magic Moments
- Episode 37: Bring on the Ga(u)sman
- Episode 36: Week of Darkness
- Episode 35: The Situation Looks Kind of Oblique
- Special Edition Podcast: Baltimorons on BEV
- Episode 34: Back from the Wild, Wild West
- Episode 33: The Audacity of Strop
- Episode 32: On Pitching
- Episode 31: Bubblegate & Beyond
- Episode 30: Riding the Ups and Downs
- Episode 29: Here We Go!
- Episode 28: Something Unexpected…
- Episode 27: Spring Training Continues…
- Episode 26: Who are these guys?
- Episode 25: Spring Training Starts
- Episode 24: 2013 Offseason – Episode 2
- Episode 23: Hot Stove Episode – Is this thing on?
- Episode 22: 2012 Epilogue – Buckle Up
- Episode 21: ALDS Game 1 and 2
- Episode 20: ALDS against the MFY
- Episode 19: Playoff Baseball…
- Episode 18: Let’s hear it for the boys…
- Episode 17: Pyrrhic Victory
- Episode 16: Let’s do the Time Warp Again…
- Episode 15: Something magic is happening…
- Episode 14: We Have a Playoff Race
- Episode 13: All you need is Series Wins
- Episode 12: Trade Deadline
- Episode 11: Roller Coaster of Emotion
- Episode 10: All Star Break
- Episode 9: We’re Back…
- Episode 8: Step Back from the Ledge
- Episode 7: End of the Gauntlet and Beginning of the Misery
- Episode 6: Reviewing the Rangers and Rays Series
- Episode 5: Yankees and Red Sox
- Episode 4: April in Review (Yeah, I know its late)
- Episode 3: Yeah we’re old and set in our ways
- Episode 2: The Kevin Gregg Drinking Game Podcast
- Episode 1: Bird’s Eye View – Opening Week
– – –
The Orioles have 13 games left in the 2016 regular season. They currently hold the first AL Wild Card position. Hold on to your butts. After a split with the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays, the O’s host the Boston Red Sox, in a series that can either end with the Orioles in contention for a division crown – or hopelessly out of it. We’re trying to remind ourselves that this is supposed to be fun.
Remember to listen to Bird’s Eye View on Google Play Music!
The Drink of the Week has gone from drowning our sorrows to celebrating wins. Let us know what you’re up to via Twitter (@birdseyeviewbal), or on Untapped (jakee4025 and magn8606).
This Medical Wing
Here are the ouchies:
- Steve Pearce (elbow)
- Joey Rickard (thumb)
Not injuries, still medical:
- Wade Miley (upcoming paternity leave)
- Dariel Alvarez (unavailable due to pregnancy complications – our best the Alvarez family!)
This Week on the Twitters
You hear complaints about this offense all the time.
They depend too much on the home run.
They can’t deliver with runners in scoring position.
This performance just shows that this team isn’t ready for October.
Well, Scott is here to tell you those complaints are… crap. This team may not be the best in baseball. It may not be the ’27 Yankees. But the 2016 Orioles have played pretty well, and if you look at all the things that are painful to watch in the moment, they really don’t have much to do with the final position of a team, if it makes the playoffs.
Join us for the myths of the Three True Outcomes in the Playoffs and the correlation between last minute performance and playoff results.
Part of rooting for a baseball team is rooting against your rival baseball teams. And part of rooting against your rival teams is letting some of their players reeeeeally get under your skin. Some of them do it well, others not so much.
Evan Longoria wore out the Orioles in the last series, and yet he doesn’t really move the needle. Instead, Birdland loves to hate on the likes of David Ortiz, Jose Bautista, Mark Teixeira, and Alex Rodriguez. We hate to bring this to your attention, but those guys are leaving the game in a hurry.
So who is the next Public Enemy #1 in Baltimore? Let us know by tweeting us @birdseyeviewbal, using #OsHateTrain.
Putting the shoe on the other foot, who is the Oriole most likely to be hated by opposing fan bases?
This week was weird. Scott won the standard category, when his pick Manny Machado out-RBI’d Jake’s selection, Chris Davis (3-2). But wait, there are Wild Cards!
Scott clicked with Wade Miley getting pulled before the third inning, and Jake clicked on Gausman going eight innings.
This brings the score to 12-11-1. Much like the Orioles season, things are getting tight down the stretch.
Next week’s standard category comes to us from Derick Brown (@DBrownYO), which is over/under on infield hits (all players, not just J.J. Hardy). Jake set the line at 3.5, and then took the under. Scott delighted at getting the over.
Two new Wild Cards, so here is a review of the Wild Cards in play:
Next Oriole to hit a HR 450+ ft
Next Oriole pitcher to get ejected for an on-mound incident:
Next Orioles duo to hit HRs in the same inning:
Jake: Trumbo & Davis
Scott: Trumbo & Schoop
Next Oriole with a multi home run game.
Who will own it?
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Who had a great week? Who had a tough week? Who made us ashamed to be Orioles fans? Find out in this week’s GB&U. The guys run through their Good, Bad, and Ugly for the week.
Tweet us your selections @birdseyeviewbal with #OsGood, #OsBad, and #OsUgly.
Blowing the Save
Most podcasts try to end on a high note – the perfect coda to a quality program. That’s just not our style. Each week, we’ll end on a weak note, blowing the save with an item that didn’t quite fit into the episode, or something they simply need to get off their chests. It’s our version of taking the ball and pulling a Kevin Gregg.
Love it? Hate it? Confused? Let us and other listeners know! As always, we appreciate the support.
Please leave us a review on iTunes and Stitcher. Get connected with us on social media, click below to find us on social media.
Or send us your favorite highlights of the show through the Clammr Player below!