- Episode 42: Changes in Attitudes, Changes in Latitudes
- Episode 189: The Man in the Arena
- Episode 188: I Left My Heart in Sausalito
- Episode 187: Alternative Facts
- Episode 186: Bad Man Jose
- Episode 185: Break the Walls Down
- Episode 184: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
- Episode 183: Where the Wild Things Are
- Episode 182: September to Remember
- Episode 181: Grrrr
- Episode 180: As the Rotation Turns
- Episode 179: Premature Happy Endings
- Episode 178: Skid Marks
- Episode 177: Tearin’ Up My Heart
- Episode 176: Freak Out
- Episode 175: Hold On
- Episode 174: Achy Breaky Start
- Episode 173: Bird Flu
- Episode 172: Law and (Batting) Order
- 2016 BEVys
- Episode 171: Airing of Grievances
- Episode 170: Dongs After Dark
- Episode 169: Oriole in the Cupboard
- Episode 168: Lifetime Achievement
- Episode 167: Pabst is Past
- Episode 166: Enemy at the Gates
- Episode 165: O’s, Bohs, and Ice Floes
- Episode 164: How to Root for a Good Team
- Episode 163: Dongs for Moms
- Episode 162: Ankles Away!
- Episode 161: Glass Case of emOtion
- Episode 160: The Pen Is Mightier
- Episode 159: Orioles MythBusters
- Episode 158: Birdland Radio
- Episode 157: Hollaback Girl
- Episode 156: The Sounds of Nashville
- Episode 155: How Deep Is Your Glove?
- Episode 154: Street Walkers
- Episode 153: The Alibi
- Episode 152: Fowler Fair
- Episode 151: The Waiting Game
- Episode 150: Farm Aid
- Episode 149: Deferred Interests
- Episode 148: Orioles Magic Kingdom
- Episode 147: The Farce Awakens
- Episode 146: Living in Infamy
- Episode 145: It’s Getting Chile
- Episode 144: Reginald the Cactus
- Episode 143: Freudian Slip
- Episode 142: Peas and Carrots
- Episode 140: Express Written Consent
- Episode 139: Buy or Sell?
- Episode 138: Crushed Dreams
- Episode 137: Hot Heads
- Episode 136: Spirit Quest
- Episode 135: Never Tell Me the Odds
- Episode 134: Here’s Looking at Hugh, Kid
- Episode 133: It’s Just a Little Crush
- Episode 131: The Foundations
- 2015 BEVys
- Episode 130: The Boys Are Back in Town
- Episode 129: We’ve Made A Huge Mistake…
- Episode 128: State of the Orioles
- Episode 127: Talentless Hacks
- Episode 126: Red, Red Whine
- Episode 125: It’s Getting Drafty
- Episode 124: The Language of Glove
- Episode 123: Lost in the Shuffle
- Episode 122: Wright Puns
- Episode 121: Thanks, Steve!
- Episode 120: All Together Now
- Episode 119: The Good, the Sad, and the Ugly
- Episode 118: Baltimore Strong
- Episode 117: Here We Go Again
- Episode 116: You’re Only Live Twice
- Episode 115: What’s in a Number?
- Episode 114: Missed Connections
- Episode 113: On the Periphery
- Episode 112: Losing Control
- Episode 111: For the Love of Bud
- Episode 110: Beard Glitter
- Episode 109: Spring, Sprang, Sprung
- Episode 108: Sweating to the Oldies with Mr. Simmons
- Episode 107: Punxsutawney FanFest
- Episode 106: Let’s Play Two
- Episode 105: The Whole Dan Shooting Match
- Episode 104: Crickets and Tickets
- Episode 103: Orioles Magi
- Episode 102: Summer Moose
- Extra Innings: The Nick Markakis Watch
- Episode 101: Waiting on the Hot Stove
- Episode 100: Live from Dempsey’s
- Episode 99.999999999: Stump the Chumps
- Episode 99.5: Summer Song
- Episode 99: Not Quite a Masterpiece
- Episode 98: Chim Chim Cher-ee
- Episode 97: The Cat Game
- Episode 96: Happy Days Are Here Again
- Episode 95: Oh Captain, My Captain
- Episode 94: Get Back (to the Yard?)
- Episode 93: A Walk to Remember
- Episode 92: How to Train Your Luck Dragon
- Episode 91: Bully!
- Episode 90: The Art of Argument
- Episode 89: Neck Fat
- Episode 88: Gigawatts
- Episode 87: I Was Told There Would Be No Math
- 2014 BEVys
- Episode 86: Getting Better All the Time
- Episode 85: Camden South
- Episode 84: Curses, Orioled Again!
- Episode 83: Bork, Bork, Bork!
- Episode 82: Treading Water
- Episode 81: Hissyfit
- Episode 80: Wicked Game
- Episode 79: Stuck in the Middle
- Episode 78: Beanball
- Episode 77: Orange and Black Widows
- Episode 76: Not in Nottingham
- Episode 75: Oblique Road Show
- Episode 74: Pass the Mylanta
- Episode 73: Say, Say, Say
- Episode 72: Day Games
- Episode 71: Opening Day 2014
- Episode 70: Behind Enemy Lines
- Episode 69: Baseball and Tacos and Bears (O My!)
- Episode 68: Propagation of Errors
- Episode 67: Not a Second Time
- Episode 66: Winter of Our Discontent
- Episode 65: String Training
- Episode 64: MLB Precludes Us From Title
- Episode 63: Apologies to Huey Lewis
- Episode 62: Resolved
- Episode 61: A Very Dysfunctional Christmas
- Episode 60: Tales from the Scrap Heap
- Episode 59: Lotions, Potions, and Magic Pills
- Episode 58: The Hills Are Alive
- Episode 57: Offseason Rambles
- Episode 56: Ace of Spades
- Episode 55: Successful Failure
- Episode 54: Triskaidekaphobia
- Episode 53: Through the Looking Glass
- Episode 52: RISPy Business
- Episode 51: Turn the Beat Around
- Episode 50: Great Expectations
- Episode 49: Billy Shears, WAR, and the Clutch
- Episode 48: Eight Days a Week
- Episode 47: Home/Away Splits
- Episode 46: Happy Pills
- Episode 45: The Cheat
- 2013 BEVy Awards
- Episode 44: Jonesing for Consistency
- Episode 43: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times
- Episode 41: BEV Wednesday Edition
- Episode 40: Ring My Bell
- Episode 39: A Little Positivity
- Episode 38: These Magic Moments
- Episode 37: Bring on the Ga(u)sman
- Episode 36: Week of Darkness
- Episode 35: The Situation Looks Kind of Oblique
- Special Edition Podcast: Baltimorons on BEV
- Episode 34: Back from the Wild, Wild West
- Episode 33: The Audacity of Strop
- Episode 32: On Pitching
- Episode 31: Bubblegate & Beyond
- Episode 30: Riding the Ups and Downs
- Episode 29: Here We Go!
- Episode 28: Something Unexpected…
- Episode 27: Spring Training Continues…
- Episode 26: Who are these guys?
- Episode 25: Spring Training Starts
- Episode 24: 2013 Offseason – Episode 2
- Episode 23: Hot Stove Episode – Is this thing on?
- Episode 22: 2012 Epilogue – Buckle Up
- Episode 21: ALDS Game 1 and 2
- Episode 20: ALDS against the MFY
- Episode 19: Playoff Baseball…
- Episode 18: Let’s hear it for the boys…
- Episode 17: Pyrrhic Victory
- Episode 16: Let’s do the Time Warp Again…
- Episode 15: Something magic is happening…
- Episode 14: We Have a Playoff Race
- Episode 13: All you need is Series Wins
- Episode 12: Trade Deadline
- Episode 11: Roller Coaster of Emotion
- Episode 10: All Star Break
- Episode 9: We’re Back…
- Episode 8: Step Back from the Ledge
- Episode 7: End of the Gauntlet and Beginning of the Misery
- Episode 6: Reviewing the Rangers and Rays Series
- Episode 5: Yankees and Red Sox
- Episode 4: April in Review (Yeah, I know its late)
- Episode 3: Yeah we’re old and set in our ways
- Episode 2: The Kevin Gregg Drinking Game Podcast
- Episode 1: Bird’s Eye View – Opening Week
Scott is “on assignment” at the beach this week, so we’re a day late, and sound funny. We braved modern technology to bring you this episode, and Scott recorded from where he does all his best work: the backseat of his car.
The Brian Roberts Watch (1:35) starts us off on a good note, as Roberts has done well in his games thus far. We give an account of his first game back, and (spoiler alert!) he homers later in the game as we record on Tuesday night. Roberts is stabilizing the 9-hole (2:43), but his role in the field is up for debate. Scott thinks that Roberts is best suited to DH, while Jake is willing to wait and see how much Roberts can bring defensively (3:20).
The Medical Wing is starting to empty out. Here’s a run down:
- Nolan Reimold is back with the team (4:40)
- Wei-Yin Chen is taking another rehab start, but should be back up on his next turn (5:49)
- Steve Johnson is throwing off flat ground, and is still several weeks away (6:36)
- Wilson Betemit (#SorryWilson) is nowhere near returning (6:14)
- Who the Hell is Steve Pearce (6:49) has made no significant progress, and will remain on the DL, especially with the roster crunch
The BEVys are rapidly approaching (7:44)! Remember to check out categories from:
- Section 336
- Eutaw Street Report
Over at Bird’s Eye View, vote in our two BEVy categories:
Biggest Regression to the Norm
Best Call (Announcer)
Most recent All-Star voting results show that Adam Jones has slipped to #2 in the outfield, and that Nick Markakis has fallen out of a starting position, holding at #4 behind Jose Bautista (8:22). We encourage ALL of Birdland to get out there and Vote Orange, to get Markakis back into the starting lineup.
Don’t let Canada win this. Their bacon is ham.
O’s in the Spotlight: National Media Weekend
Saturday on FOX
The Orioles were on full display on the national stage, as Saturday night’s game was broadcast on FOX, and Sunday’s game was selected for ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball (11:05). The O’s weren’t even the butt of their jokes, as the Orioles represented themselves and the city of Baltimore well, winning both games.
The FOX broadcast was very complimentary to the Orioles, partially because for once it is the Orioles with the star-studded lineup, and the Yankees with a bunch of has-beens and never-will-bes (12:40).
FOX pregame activities included a Ken Rosenthal interview with Orioles PR Director Monica Barlowe (13:49), discussing her battle with lunch cancer (she’s a non-smoker), and raising awareness for Johns Hopkins Medicine. Definitely worth checking out.
Jake and Scott had this game covered from all angles: Jake was in attendance, and Scott took in the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball broadcast. The Orioles were good enough to show up in a big way – putting on a good show for a national audience (16:07).
The game was not a sell-out (16:33), but nearly so. As with any game against the MFY, there were way too many Yankees fans in attendance. (17:04).
Jake appeared (17:20) on the Kiss Cam (but, it should be noted, it was not with Scott), then chased a Yankees fan out of his section. Note to visitors: DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM (18:43).
The numbers were greatly in the Orioles’ favor, but there were just enough to be annoying. The crowd seemed a little up and down, regarding intensity (21:10). Scott reported that the volume was impressive on the broadcast. The O’s took their first 3-game sweep (22:36), with the right guys playing hero: Manny Machado, Chris Davis, and Jim Johnson.
Lastly, ESPN’s Baseball Tonight podcast spent 30 minutes solid on the Orioles on Monday. Check out the episode for interviews with Manny Machado and Chris Davis (24:35).
We react to the big trade today: Jake Arrieta and Pedro Strop to the Cubs, for RHP Scott Feldman and C Steve Clevenger (27:16). This move is not an impact trade, but it does clear the roster of some dead weight, and gives the Orioles another mid-rotation starter (28:30).
Jake wrote a blog post on the subject today, but reiterated that he doesn’t feel this team needs a top of the rotation starter, if the bullpen and lineup are going to cover so many flaws (30:10).
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Who had a great week? Who had a terrible week? Who made us ashamed to be Orioles fans? Find out in this week’s GB&U. The guys run through their Good, Bad, and Ugly (35:38).
Listen to BEV on iTunes!
You can find Bird’s Eye View all over the web, including iTunes. Be sure the check for the show, and leave us all sorts of favorable comments and ratings. Flattery will get you everywhere, you know.